cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Cullen
Frequent Visitor

Contact does not have appropriate permissions to view a Contact form unless an Account has been set

I have a form which is intended to allow a contact to set some basic information about themselves. (The form is intended as a customised profile form which meets the requirements of our specific application).

When a contact logs into the portal and attempts to view the form, the "You don't have the appropriate permissions." message is displayed - unless an account is set for the contact. This is a problem, as this form is intended as the place where the contact can select their account from a list of possible accounts. (Note that as an experiment, I removed the Account field from the form, but the permissions problem persisted!)

My table permissions are as shown below. Has anyone any suggestions about what I need to change in order to allow contacts to access this form and (if desired) choose their accounts?

Contacts Table permissionContacts Table permissionAccounts Table permissionAccounts Table permission

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

For the Table that you want the Portal User to update you need a Table Permission in a Web Role assigned to the Portal User (or inherited by Authenticated tick box etc) for one of the following

• If the record is the Portal User's Contact record itself, a Table Permission with scope = Self; OR otherwise 
  • the record needs a Lookup to the Portal User's Contact record with a Table Permission = Contact and the relationship set the relationship of that Lookup.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

For the Table that you want the Portal User to update you need a Table Permission in a Web Role assigned to the Portal User (or inherited by Authenticated tick box etc) for one of the following

• If the record is the Portal User's Contact record itself, a Table Permission with scope = Self; OR otherwise 
  • the record needs a Lookup to the Portal User's Contact record with a Table Permission = Contact and the relationship set the relationship of that Lookup.
Michael_Cullen
Frequent Visitor

Thanks - that directed me to the correct place to solve my problem.

I created a Contact Table permission with Scope = self and then explicitly associated this with the Authenticated User role, which solved the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,974)