Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvoinikat
Helper II
Helper II

Default start page

Hello Power Users,

I am working over a Power Apps portal and during the development I want to set a single page which to be visible to all users - authenticated and non authenticated. The page itself will hold no references to other pages but just logo.

On the other hand I am considering creating a special web role which to allow users who possess it to be able to see all pages since those people will be in the team of portal development. 

Example: Anonymous user load the url of the portal and sees a single page with no options to continue further. The same to be valid for authenticated users but not part from the development team.

Do you have a best practice which to be used for this particular case?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

hi @dvoinikat please see if this article from Arpit helps you PowerApps Portals - Change Default Landing Page For Portal Users - Power Community

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dvoinikat
Helper II
Helper II

Any thoughts on this one? I can provide further details if it is not clear what I want to achieve.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

hi @dvoinikat please see if this article from Arpit helps you PowerApps Portals - Change Default Landing Page For Portal Users - Power Community

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Oliver Rodrigues

hugobernier
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @dvoinikat did @OliverRodrigues 's response help you solve your issue? If so, please consider hitting Accept as Solution so that other can learn from this thread.

Hey @OliverRodrigues, the article you have sent is a useful one. Unfortunatelly I am not able to test this solution due to inability to edit the Web template of the home page. I am working over this now to continue with the proposal you are giving. Thank you

Hi @hugobernier, I am still not able to confirm this as accepted solution. I do need to fix some other issues before I can test the proposed way.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

hi @dvoinikat what's the issue you are facing with the web template? can you share more details?

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues , the HTML section is not loading correctly and I cannot edit anything in it. I have already raised a ticket with Microsoft and I am working over resolving this issue. The strange thing is that it happens only with one account and not with all accounts. Anyhow, once fixed I should be able to continue with the provided recommendations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,708)