cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zaid-Aboobaker
Frequent Visitor

Help with creating a view where users from the same "account" or customer can view records of that customer

hey Guys

I have a portal where i get my customers to submit data via forms. I have more than one person at the customer that submits data, and I would like all the users to be able to see the data related to that customer.

I have used the accounts table to define the customer name

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You will need to setup the Table Permissions for the Web Role that is being used by your Portal users appropriately.  If the Account record is in a Lookup on the record you can use Scope = Account in a Table Permission for that Table, if the Account is not a Lookup on the record (but it is nested under the account), you need permissions where the Scope = Parent.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You will need to setup the Table Permissions for the Web Role that is being used by your Portal users appropriately.  If the Account record is in a Lookup on the record you can use Scope = Account in a Table Permission for that Table, if the Account is not a Lookup on the record (but it is nested under the account), you need permissions where the Scope = Parent.

Zaid-Aboobaker
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for responding @Fubar .

So I have created a table called Digital readiness questionnaire and given Contact permissions to authenticated users. This works and users are ale to login, and capture their data. Acesss is as below.

Contact permission.png

However this only allows them to see their individual records. Each user has a lookup field created called "Department", a lookup to the account table.

I have then created a permission for authenticated users as below:

account digit.png

however this doesn't seem to allow me to see the records of other users even though i have setthe departments to be the same.

Am i doing it correctly?

Zaid-Aboobaker
Frequent Visitor

The problem was that I had tried to create a lookup table to the accounts table. it appears that Contacts can only be linked to accounts from the Account item itself and not the other way around. Thanks for the responses.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,654)