cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbayens
Frequent Visitor

Invite Contacts Flow

I'm working on testing the "Send Invitation" workflow in Power Apps Portal Management to invite some test users to my Power Pages page. Manually entering the invitation code works without issue, but I'm not seeing anything happen after I click the flow in the screenshot below. 

cbayens_0-1664808537315.png

If anyone knows the following, it would be super helpful:
1. The pop-up when you click Send Invitation says to click Workflows in the Invitations activity. I can't find it for the life of me, does anyone know where it's hiding?

2. Does the Send Invitation flow require premium or something else I may not have if I'm on the free trial?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

a few videos that might help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEmb0EJG5xo

Power Apps Portals Tip #62 - Invitation Codes - Engineered Code - YouTube

Power Apps Portals Tip #87 - Invitation or Password Reset Emails Not Sending - Engineered Code - You...

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Have you saved the Invitation record? saving should auto generate the code, then you run the Flow.

cbayens
Frequent Visitor

Yes, the invitation is saved and I've verified in a separate test case that copy/pasting the invite code works without issue. I can also manually choose to send an email with a link which works fine. If I can figure out where the flow is actually running from and monitor it like in regular Power Automate I should be able to figure out where the hangup is. 

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It is a Workflow (i.e. not a Flow) in Dataverse, it is called something like Send Invitation. You will find it under Advanced Settings - > Processes

GeraldGut
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @cbayens ,

What I have in my mind:

1. As @Fubar said, it is a workflow within CRM

2. The Workflow "Send portal Invitation to Contact" calls at some point a sub/child workflow "Send Invitation"

3. By default, I think the send invitation mail which is created uses the SYSTEM user as sender, which results in error as the user do not have an email address. You would need to replace the sender of the mail to another user.

We completely replaced the logic to another, where we can send HTML Mails through a flow.

This is the workflow (but a little bit adopted to our needs and currently deactivated as it was replaced):

GeraldGut_0-1665050520322.png

Anyway, if there is an error you should see it in one of those two workflows.

If you are interested on how we solved to send more visible friendly mails in HTML format, let me know and I can show you an example.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Gerald Gut

cbayens
Frequent Visitor

@Fubar is Advanced Settings - > Processes found on the Power Pages site, Power Apps Admin, or somewhere else? 

@GeraldGut When you refer to the CRM, are you referencing Dynamics 365? If my organization does not use Dynamics 365, is it possible to still use the workflows/processes?

GeraldGut
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @cbayens ,

now I am getting a bit confused. 🙂

Are you telling me, that you use Power Pages / Dynamics Portals without using Dynamics CRM/ CE?

In my scenario I have Dynamics CRM / CR as basis for the whole dynamics portal.

Our Portal logins are based on CRM contacts and also the sent invitations are Dynamics CRM records.

When I talk about CRM, I am talking about Dynamics 365 CRM / CE.

I am not sure if there are working use cases where a Dynamics Portal can be used with Dynamics CE.

Maybe some other experts can tell us? 😉 @Fubar 

I also know that there are different authentication methods possible, which maybe could also be used with Dynamics CRM? But unfortunately I am not sure about that.

Workflows are running within Dynamics CRM.

But you could also run a Flow on Power Automate.

Best regards,

Gerald Gut

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

When we are talking about Dataverse, Dynamics 365 CE (Customer Engagement - to differentiate it from other types of Dynamics 365 like Finance), and Dynamics CRM - it means the same thing from the Portal perspective., it is the backend of the PowerApps Portal / Power Pages. 

Workflows, Plugins, Flow all work on the backend/Server-side - for the Portal often a real-time workflow or plugin is required and as Flow's Dataverse Connector is not real time only suits certain scenarios.  The Portal also originates prior to the existence of Flow, hence most out of the box processes for it are plugins or Workflows.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

a few videos that might help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEmb0EJG5xo

Power Apps Portals Tip #62 - Invitation Codes - Engineered Code - YouTube

Power Apps Portals Tip #87 - Invitation or Password Reset Emails Not Sending - Engineered Code - You...

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,430)