cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgiGeorgiev
Frequent Visitor

Portal web role not working with premissions set on pages

I set permissions on 2 pages to be seen only by a specific Role of user.

When I open the portal those 2 pages are not visible until I log in. When I log in, though, I get both pages visible and accessible.

GeorgiGeorgiev_0-1654781413567.png

Page is Carrier Portal, permission is only to be seen by Role Carrier and the User has the Role Carrier. 

Am I doing something wrong or? Why does my user, which should only see Carrier Portal, can access and see Customer portal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dgoode
MPP
MPP

Hi there,

This is a standard pattern and does work. Could you double check that the power pages contact user does not have both web roles assigned to them?  Also double check the access control rules you set up. Be sure that the access control rules doe snot have both web roles associated to them. If that still is not working, could you screenshot the web roles that you created? Often times people misconfigure the web roles. Be sure that you do not check the authenticated user option to yes. Your custom web role should look similar to this:

dgoode_0-1654793373844.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dgoode
MPP
MPP

Hi there,

This is a standard pattern and does work. Could you double check that the power pages contact user does not have both web roles assigned to them?  Also double check the access control rules you set up. Be sure that the access control rules doe snot have both web roles associated to them. If that still is not working, could you screenshot the web roles that you created? Often times people misconfigure the web roles. Be sure that you do not check the authenticated user option to yes. Your custom web role should look similar to this:

dgoode_0-1654793373844.png

Hi,

Thank you! This Authenticated Users Role has been poking me in the eyes for 3 days no. This was the issue.

I do not understand how this option is affecting the setup. There is a Web Role Authenticated users, but it is not part of my portal at all. I guess the 2 are different.

We ship 3 out of the box Web Role and you can rename, deactivate, delete those as needed.

The checkboxes can only be set to one role respectively to be the default, depending on your needs can accommodate your scenarios.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,276)