cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RolRim

Portals - no site settings Authentication/Registration/RememberMeEnabled and Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordEnabled

Hi, I'm struggling with site settings that originally wasn't in my Power Apps Portal Management app:

Authentication/Registration/RememberMeEnabled

Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordEnabled

I tried to add those settings manually (just entered Name, Page and Value), but that didn't do any effect:

RolRim_1-1656575483404.png

I still get the error message when I want reset password or system doesn't remember account, neither let update it:

RolRim_0-1656575410275.png

This happens with local connection. Recently I added external connection Azure AD B2C, but with this connection same issues.

RolRim_2-1656575613730.png

Please HELP!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RolRim 

FYI. As @OliverRodrigues mentioned Local Login will be deprecated. However, if your preference is local login at this stage. I have a solution for you 

https://ragavanrajan.medium.com/power-pages-password-reset-error-part-1-582ac1dd606d 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

Hi Ragavanrajan,

Amazing, that is exactly what I needed. I went through all the steps as per your link and problem is gone.

Huge thank you for the help 🙏

Regards,

Rolandas

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @RolRim Microsoft recommends using Azure AD B2C as authentication method, so ideally you should use Reset password from Azure AD B2C and not from local authentication.

If you need to use local auth, we can troubleshoot the error you are getting.. not sure if this will display the error message but can you try creating a site setting called "Site/EnableCustomPluginError" and set to the value to true

this might give the exception being thrown 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

RolRim

Hi Oliver,

Thank you very much for the answer, but fortunately that didn't help and I still get the same message.

I suppose I have this problem because in my Portals management app there are missing those 2 parameters:

Authentication/Registration/RememberMeEnabled

Authentication/Registration/ResetPasswordEnabled

When I add them manually, it doesn't do any help. Maybe you know how to add those parameters?

Kind regards,

Rolandas

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Generally, not all possible Site Settings are initially installed.  Where a Site Setting does not exist and it is still supported by the Portal you can manually create it.  After making a Site Setting change, always clear the Portal Cache (Sync button in the new interface), however some settings may also require Portal Restart for them to take affect. (Restart is in the same location as this link shows https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/portals/admin/enable-maintenance-mode#enable-maint...

Hi @RolRim 

FYI. As @OliverRodrigues mentioned Local Login will be deprecated. However, if your preference is local login at this stage. I have a solution for you 

https://ragavanrajan.medium.com/power-pages-password-reset-error-part-1-582ac1dd606d 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Hi Ragavanrajan,

Amazing, that is exactly what I needed. I went through all the steps as per your link and problem is gone.

Huge thank you for the help 🙏

Regards,

Rolandas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,429)