Hi, I am very new to PVA and have only so far created a very simple QnA type bot with static responses.
I have a rich data source in a SharePoint Online list which I was thinking might be nice to hook into PVA. The use case would be:
Customer wants to know what tools are available to help them do X,Y,Z so they ask the bot
Bot uses the SP Online data to return a response
Would this be possible to reuse this data source to provide the response?
Hi @suclarkeuk ,
You can follow the logic below and if you have any questions, please, let me know.
- Create a topic in your bot that you are using normally
- Make a question like "What do you want" and store inside a variable
- Create an action calling to Power Automate passing this variable
- Create a workflow inside Power Automate that receives this parameter
- Create an action inside your workflow, that get items from SharePoint and you can use OData filter to search data inside your SharePoint list/library using Columns
- Format your results using Markdown as a table: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support
- Return to your PVA bot as a variable
- Show as a message inside your bot
Connect with me here 😉
Congratulations to our Season 1 2021 Super User Crew!
View articles posted by fellow community members on the Power Virtual Agents Community Blog!
Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!