cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Conditition to test a variable for an empty string?

In a Condition block, how do I test a variable to see if is an empty string?  The authoring environment shows an error if I leave the value empty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate I
Advocate I

@mscherotter, are you trying to handle a return variable from a flow and do a condition in PVA based on that? I had the same issue and I had to add some logic in the flow to set the value of the variable to "NotFound" and then pass that back into the PVA so that the condition had something to select. Yes i know, workaround to fix a simple feature gap but you know... Let's be agile!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @mscherotter ,

The user cannot send an empty value on chat. If the user sent " " (space + enter), the system show this message: 

"Could you tell me that using text? Currently, I do not process other kinds of inputs."

So, you don't need to validate empty or null variables on the chat.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.250 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português
Advocate I
Advocate I

@mscherotter, are you trying to handle a return variable from a flow and do a condition in PVA based on that? I had the same issue and I had to add some logic in the flow to set the value of the variable to "NotFound" and then pass that back into the PVA so that the condition had something to select. Yes i know, workaround to fix a simple feature gap but you know... Let's be agile!

View solution in original post

Thanks for reporting it guys, we're considering and investigating on this feature request now. 

-Jeff [MSFT] 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Check out Tomasz Poszytek's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference!

PVA Commnity Blog

NEW Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

View articles posted by fellow community members on the Power Virtual Agents Community Blog!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,621)