cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Global variable - availability

Hi.

Waiting with bated breath here for global variables to be available in May. It was originally April but pushed out to May - here's hoping. There really is no workaround for these.

Any news ? Anyone ?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2020wave1/power-virtual-agents/use-glob...

11 REPLIES 11

In addition to the above, I've established that :

• Setting a global boolean variable from an action does not work - the variable can not be tested for true/false or passed to another action
  • Attempting to pass a previously set global boolean variable to a subsequent action fails. The action is never called (The PA action run history does not show any activity) and the 'bot craps out. 
  • On one occasion this global boolean variable showed up as shown in the image below from within the topic that defined it - spaces at the front of the variable name and all options greyed out.
  • A workaround solution to the whole issue is to use global String variables set to "True"/"False".

spaces.png

I raised a product defect and the above issues are now fixed. There is one outstanding issue still under investigation - the variables widget in the PVA authoring console displays multiple versions of the same variable.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PVA Commnity Blog

NEW Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

View articles posted by fellow community members on the Power Virtual Agents Community Blog!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,230)