Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Topic Creation & Management
Unanswered

How to search a array of values in filter array - Power Automate

Posted on by

Hi, can I know how to search a array of values in filter array in Power Automate.

For example - user input in PVA was - name1, name2 . I have split this input by comma. 

Sriram_S18_0-1709179311574.png  

Sriram_S18_1-1709179395465.png

How can I search these values in filter array without using for each loop?

• Sriram_S18 Profile Picture
    Sriram_S18 on at
    Re: How to search a array of values in filter array - Power Automate

Thanks for your answer. We don't know how many inputs we will get. Is there a way to search an array of user input values in a filter array without using loop?

• VauBee Profile Picture
    VauBee on at
    Re: How to search a array of values in filter array - Power Automate

Hi @Sriram_S18 !  Assuming you’ve already split the user input by comma (as you mentioned), you should have an array of values, you can use Filter array action.

• Filter: use advanced mode -> contains to check if each item in the array contains any of the user input values

@or(
    	contains(item()?['name'], 'name1'),
    	contains(item()?['name'], 'name2')
    )

The output will contain only the items that match the search criteria & you can then process this filtered output as needed (e.g., store it in a variable, use it in subsequent actions, etc.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If I have answered your question / helped to solve your problem, please accept as solution and give me a Thumbs up. Thanks! - Remember: you can accept more than one post as a solution.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Featured topics