cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SachV
Frequent Visitor

Skip Question does not work intermittently

I have observed that skip question works sometimes and sometimes not. For example, let's look at the sample topic "Lesson 4 - A topic with a condition, variables and custom entity."

Here in testing the bot I have first typed "I want a business laptop". It recognized the word business and did not asked the question "Do you see yourself as a home user, a gamer or a business user?".  But, when I typed again "I want a business laptop" (same question as earlier), this time it did not skip the above question. This scenario is repeatable. Please see the test chat screen shots. I am facing this problem with my custom entities so I thought of testing with the sample and here it is the same..

SachV_0-1623542797376.png

SachV_1-1623542806583.png

Any idea why it behaves like this? 

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

hI @SachV ,

I think that it's a normal behavior because when the bot said "Go ahead." they are expecting a new trigger phrase so I that case they get that "I want a business laptop" is a part of your custom topic. In your case, the bot is not recognizing the trigger phase + custom question with an entity in your topic.

You can do a configuration that will skip your question all the time if this answer already was replied to the user (edit topic >> question ellipses >> select the option to skip the question) but If the user says "I want a business laptop" and after "I want a gamer" in the phrase (the same structure that you mentioned above in your screenshot) the bot will skip and maintain the "Business" option selected and not the "Gamer" (I guess).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

Hi Renato,
Thanks for your response. Appreciate it!!

I have been testing this with a new bot (with no custom entities or topics).  Basically in PVA I created a new Bot and did the above test. As you know there are 4 topics (named lesson1, lesson 2 etc.) enabled. So no custom entities involved. My question is when I asked that question "I want a business laptop" for the first time it skipped the question (this is lesson 4 topic). But when I asked the same question again as per my screen shots, it does not skip that question. You can try this in 2 minutes by creating a new bot in PVA.

Thank you

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@SachV ,

Yes, I know.

As I mentioned above, you can try to do it here:  (its working normally for me)

pva-issue-1306.png

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

This is exactly what I have done Renato. I still have the same issue. it's strange. My trial is about to expire. Can that be a reason ?? just thinking..

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@SachV ,

No, it's an Artificial Intelligence capability, sometimes will not recognise 100%. Microsoft is improving it constantly.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,139)