cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

User based Topics or PVA Bots

Hello,

I am trying to explore capabilities of PVA and wanted to know if we can have user specific Topics or dedicated PVA bots. For example, lets say I have one PVA bot to handle 'meeting scheduling' and one bot or Topic to handle Client FAQs. I want to make sure if detected topic by user utterance is 'meeting scheduling' then irrespective of user type I can take user to 'meeting scheduling' Bot. But, if user utterance is matching with Client FAQ then I supposed to invoke only topic 'Client FAQ' I need to make sure user has to be client user.

We are big organization over 25K+ users, and they are divided between associates and clients. We use team channel for PVA bot. I am trying to see if I can deploy PVA bot or a Topic of certain set of users and, restrict sub-set of users.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Nice, good luck to implement the PVA! 🙂

So you can use the Authentication into the PVA, validate when the message sent by the user opens the private topic using the authentication and after you can validate calling the Microsoft Flow (Power Automate) to see if users have permission (if you use some levels inside the company)

Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/configuration-end-user-authentication

If this answer resolves your problem, please, make as a solution to help more users!

Thanks 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Nice, good luck to implement the PVA! 🙂

So you can use the Authentication into the PVA, validate when the message sent by the user opens the private topic using the authentication and after you can validate calling the Microsoft Flow (Power Automate) to see if users have permission (if you use some levels inside the company)

Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/configuration-end-user-authentication

If this answer resolves your problem, please, make as a solution to help more users!

Thanks 🙂

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did my answer resolve your question?

If yes, please, make as a solution to help more users!

If no, please, explain better about your situation.

Thanks! 🙂

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,789)