cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pstan

Adding a Hyperlink to "Notification" Action

My Flow : OneDrive for Business (new file created) -> office 365 outlook (send email)

Intent : Too send email to members when new file was created and provide a hyperlink to the file.

Issue : only able to add " file path" from Dynamic Content options. 

Quety : how may i include the file hyperlink in the email body without manually copying the hyperlink from the file and pasting it here ?

Regards

Leonard  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pstan,

Thanks for the update.

If convenient, please accept it as the solution so that others could find it efficiently.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pstan,

If you would like the dynamic content to generate the corresponding Hyperlink (for sharing purpases) under the Microsoft Flow dynamic content, then please consider submit this as an idea.

For a workaround, we could add (hardcode ) a static folder link to the OneDrive folder, so that users could check the newly added files.

add the below code in body of your email.

<A HREF="TheSharedLinkhere">CustomTexthere</A>

After that, click the adavanced options from Send email Action and set 'Is HTML' property value to YES.

75.PNG

Hope the information above is helpful.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-micsh

Thankyou for the suggestion.

The Flow failed. Error returned as follows :

Body
{ "status": 403, "message": "Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.", "source": "127.0.0.1" }

Any other alternatives ?

Hi @pstan,

Could you please share a screenshot of the error details (Under Which Action)?

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/fix-flow-failures/

The Shared link should be the folder link, in addition, make sure the Folder under OneDrive is shared to the flow users.

Regards

flow error.gif

Hi v-micsh

Screen shot attached.

Error surfaced under " Outlook 365 - Send Email" .

Yes, The link attached is a folder link and I only shared to myself for this test.

Hi v-micsh - Just to keep you posted that the above actually CODE worked. THANKS!

Hi @pstan,

Thanks for the update.

If convenient, please accept it as the solution so that others could find it efficiently.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-micsh-msft

I am using the Flow Email component (not the Outlook one) and when I am sending the email using the <a> tag, it still doesn't format it properly in the email:

hyperlink.png

Any idea as to why? I ahve tried both '<A>' and '<a>' and it still comes up the same. I have also cheked the 'Is HTML' property and it's value is set to YES

diliberto91
Frequent Visitor

Now there is a new concept of creating "Shareable Links" using Microsoft Flow:

Use Microsoft Flow to generate tenant-shareable links for SharePoint Online

The article highlights a use case for a SharePoint document library, however, there are actions that perform the same functionality on OneDrive for Business (preview) as well. 

The benefits to using this approach over the traditional file link are:

1. Guarantees that there are not access issues to the file from an email

2. Allows for more control over the link behavior (Read/Write, Expiration Date, Scope)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,681)