cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Te3re

Asana - project ID not recognised

Hi there

Trying to use the template 'Create a task in Asana when an Office 365 Outlook email is flagged'

I am getting the following error and I'm not sure how to fix it.

{"errors":[{"message":"projects: [0]: Not a recognized ID: flagged emails","help":"For more information on API status codes and how to handle them, read the docs on errors: https://developers.asana.com/docs/errors"}]}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Te3re 

Could you please try to delete the 'Create Task' and recreate it again?

Because I ran into the error as you do before (if it's really the same error as yours). I think that's because once a required box is blank, the action will get error and will need a long time to identify the new content again. So the quickest way is to recreate the action.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Te3re 

The error says your Project ID is wrong. Please make sure you choose the Project ID from drop-down and do not manually type it.

The following step is for your reference:

Workspace ID and Project ID are all choosen from drop-down.

Though they appear as plain text, but they are actually stored as ID which is a long string mixed with numbers and characters. The Project ID served as unique identifier for project even though two projects have the same name.

2.17-3.PNG

If the problem still exists, please try to delete the current step 'Create Task' and create a new step for 'Create Task'. And please make sure you choose Workspace ID first and then choose Project ID next, all from drop-down.

If the problem still exists, please feel free to let me know. And could you please take a screenshot of your detailed steps?

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Te3re

Thanks for getting back to me. That was my first instinct, to use the drop down options. However, they produce the same error message.

I made a new project and that was reflected in the drop down options but the selection still produced the error message.

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Te3re 

Could you take a screenshot of your detailed flow and the outputs of the error details?

Because I didn't get the error.

Best Regards,

Te3re

Here are the screen shots. This time it let me select from the drop down list but when I saved the flow I got the error message.

Selected project from listSelected project from list

Selected workspace from listSelected workspace from list

Blank templteBlank templte

Error messageError message

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Te3re 

Could you please try to delete the 'Create Task' and recreate it again?

Because I ran into the error as you do before (if it's really the same error as yours). I think that's because once a required box is blank, the action will get error and will need a long time to identify the new content again. So the quickest way is to recreate the action.

Best Regards,

Te3re

That worked! The only bug is that when I flag an email it is putting in three copies into Asana. Any thoughts on that?

Te3re

Never mind. It's user error!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,297)