cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjamint

Cannot connect to Oracle Database

I tried to setup an instant flow to import data from an Oracle Database. It prompted me to install On Premise Gateway, which I did. However it threw the following error:

Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again. Details: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed.' inner exception: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed.'  

32 or 64 bit, this is not happening locally on my machine right? Or is it? What to do next?

4 REPLIES 4
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @benjamint,

This may be caused by a mismatch between 32-bit version and 64-bit version component. If you are using 32-bit version, you should install 64-bit version instead. Install 32-bit mode Oracle client instead of 64-bit Oracle client.

There is a post about Oracle client components installed, but it's not connecting with Flow, maybe you could have a reference to:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28926788/BadImageFormatException-This-will-occur-when-run...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I do not have Power BI Desktop installed. Also, what does that have to do with my desktop app? Isn't flow happening on the cloud?

My Excel, and by extension I hope my Power Query Editor, are 32 bit. If that's any help. I have a similar issue where I cannot import Oracle data to excel in spite of having installed Oracle drivers.

I installed 32 bit Oracle components by the way.

Hi @benjamint,

How about having a test that installs 64-bit Oracle components instead of 32-bit?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've installed the 64 bits components pointed at on https://support.office.com/en-us/article/connect-to-an-oracle-database-power-query-d7fbd231-a705-4eb...

Both ODP.NET and ODAC, but nothing changed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,544)