Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

Could Not Determine Type Error

Hi There,

I am trying to update a D365 entity row using a Power Automate flow. This update will connect one entity to another, but I’m not using the ‘Relate’ step as I don’t think it’s appropriate. I have overcome an error regarding a missing ‘segment’ that is mentioned here :

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Resource-not-found-for-the-segment...

But I’m now getting a message : “Could not determine type” during the update action.

I’m using the current CDS / Dataverse connector as far as I can tell. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I may have duplicated this post - apologies if so.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Everyone,

Problem solved! I'm afraid to say it was a Rookie mistake (although I *am* a Rookie) - we have multiple environments and I was pulling data from one environment and attempting to update tables in another. Once I recreated the Flow in the same environment as the data I was pulling / updating, all went as expected. Thanks for all the input and apologies if I wasted anyone's time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Everyone,

I should probably point out that I am trying to update a GUID lookup column - not sure if that will help at all?

ajayan
Frequent Visitor

Could you share the screenshot of the attribute mapping? when you use the CDS (Current connector) to reference an attribute, it should be in '/{EntitySetName}/{RecordId}' format.

ajayan_0-1616453731912.png

You can get the EntitySetName using metadata browser (in Xrm toolbox) or CDS webapi.

Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

This is how I'm mapping the attribute:

Serviced2000_0-1616454548480.png

I have tried this way too:

Serviced2000_1-1616454586997.png

But got the same "Could not determine type" error - the raw input for this last step is :

{
    "host": {
        "connectionReferenceName""shared_commondataserviceforapps",
        "operationId""UpdateRecord"
    },
    "parameters": {
        "entityName""crimson_vacancies",
        "recordId""6355d8bf-c58a-eb11-b1ac-002248155a1a",
        "item/mercury_agreementid@odata.bind""/mercury_agreements/9f441588-6be3-ea11-a814-00224814f90e"
    }
}

Thanks!

Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Everyone,

Problem solved! I'm afraid to say it was a Rookie mistake (although I *am* a Rookie) - we have multiple environments and I was pulling data from one environment and attempting to update tables in another. Once I recreated the Flow in the same environment as the data I was pulling / updating, all went as expected. Thanks for all the input and apologies if I wasted anyone's time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,359)