cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuikStudy

Create a SharePoint list item when a new meeting is added to a Teams Channel calendar

Like the title says, I've been asked by one of our project managers if there is a way to add meetings to a channel calendar in Teams, and have a flow run to create a list item in the team SharePoint site. Ideally this would be something they would want to use with multiple channel calendars as a way to keep meetings on the channel calendars for the various workgroups in a team visible in one master list (possibly then displayed as another calendar).

I've tried using the "Create s SharePoint item when Office 365 calendar event is created" template, and that runs successfully, but nothing shows up on the list in SharePoint. I've also tried the using the "When there is a new event" Office 365 groups connector to build out a flow, but I don't see an option to make it channel specific and when I tried it from the main group calendar the flkow just fails. I wasn't able to find anything helpful from google. Maybe I'm just trying to go about it all wrong. I could really use some insight.

Successfully unsuccessful flow.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vayinapurapu1
Resolver II
Resolver II

@QuikStudy 

Events Teams channel calendar are the filtered view of group calendar. For this you can try the following template 'Copy Items when event added in Group Calendar to SharePoint list'.

vayinapurapu1_0-1662706067989.png

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Vinay. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vayinapurapu1
Resolver II
Resolver II

@QuikStudy 

Events Teams channel calendar are the filtered view of group calendar. For this you can try the following template 'Copy Items when event added in Group Calendar to SharePoint list'.

vayinapurapu1_0-1662706067989.png

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Vinay. 

Thank you. It works for the first calendar created in a given channel, but not any additional ones. I know, who would need more than one channel calendar, but users will be users... I'm fine with this since it'll mainly be the project managers interested in this flow so I don't see it being a problem. Just noting it here in case anyone has a crazy user looking to grab the info from 5 calendars and condense them into one list.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,796)