cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevenfayers
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Dataverse connector not retrying on a Dataverse record locked error

I have had a scenario where Dataverse has not been able to update a record because it is locked. This is fair enough and can happen in any multi-client environment.

When this happens Dataverse reports a HTTP 400 Bad Request response with the following:

Cannot obtain lock on resource:'[redacted]', mode:Update - stored procedure sp_getapplock returned error code -3. The lock request was chosen as a deadlock victim. This can occur when there are multiple update requests on the same record. Please retry the request.

However the Dataverse connector doesn't retry the request for HTTP 400 errors.

Stevenfayers_0-1653326903803.png

So I have a situation where Dataverse even states "Please retry the request.", but the connector won't retry the request.

While I can obviously get around this by building in my own parallel flow steps to retry in this case, I wouldn't want to add complex logic to every Dataverse updateon the off-chance that there may be a record lock. 

To me this seems like Dataverse and the Power Automate Dataverse connector do not play together nicely.

I have been battling with Microsoft support on this issue but don't seem to get anyway.

Is there a way to exscalate this from support to become a defect which Microsoft will fix?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,041)