Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morke
Helper II
Helper II

Flow Connector is using personal accounts instead of the Connection Account

Hi

I built a Power Apps that triggers a Power Automate Flow, which uses the Azure Automation Connector to trigger a runbook in Azure.

I specified the Connector's Connection to use a Service Account with the appropiate permissions to run those tasks in Azure.

When I use the Flow, it works, but when I shared it with a user, the Flow fails and the error message states that that user's account doesn't have permission to perform those actions, which makes sense and what's why we want to use a Service Account.

What's going on? Why is the flow using the connection's specified account when I use it but when a user uses it, it tries to use their account?

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

When you trigger a flow using a Manual trigger, for example from a button in a Power App, then the flow runs in the context of the user pressing the button and not the original maker.  To get it to run using the security of the flow maker you must use an automated trigger, like when an item is created or modified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

But that makes no sense. I understand the flow running in the context of the user, but if I specified a Connection's account for that particular action, it shouldn't be related to the user's context, it should be independant.

Sorry, but if you are running with a manual trigger that is how it works.  The account you specified for the connect account only applies to you for almost all the connectors.  Which specific connector are you referring to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,716)