cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kieran-zz
Regular Visitor

Flow triggered by Powerapp has stopped working due to token error

Hello,

I have a very simple flow that executes a sql query in order to retrieve data to be shown within a Powerapp. When running the 'test' option in the flow it works as expected, when triggering it from the powerapp with identical parameters it no longer works and reports the error:

Error from token exchange: Connection uk-001/logicflows/5328f340-c59c-4a91-b89d-d742656a39f5@https://uk-001.azure-apim.net/ is not allowed to access connection uk-001/sql/d05631817ce94aa5905a8e6ce36d4a38

This was working earlier today and no changes have been made to either the flow or the powerapp. I am still able to access the resources outside of powerapps. 

Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 12.53.21.png

4 REPLIES 4
JatinSanghvi
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hello @Kieran-zz , I will contact the engineering team on this and someone will update here if we can get any information about what caused the error message and how can you resolve it.

JatinSanghvi
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi @Kieran-zz , the error message means that the Flow does not have access to the SQL connection. I am trying to check if the issue lies within Power Automate or if this is something that can be fixed on user end. Did you try creating a new SQL connection in the Flow and retry sending inputs from PowerApps? The error does not mean that user does not have direct access to the external resource.

shyamsu
Power Automate
Power Automate

@Kieran-zz is the PowerApps user who is invoking the flow same as the user who created SQL connection (not the user logged into flow but the user who created SQL connection)

@shyamsu - it seems every time I (as the creator of the sql connection) run the flow via powerapps, it fails. Other uses who are just users of the app can use it successfully

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,250)