cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Displaced_2000
Frequent Visitor

Get row from dataset

I’ve been given access to a dataset in power BI and I’m trying to do an action like get rows in excel or get item in sharepoint to retrieve a row and expose all data in that row for use in a power automate flow. 

i thought this would be super simple but just doesn’t seem possible. 

I assumed this would be a really logical way to handle this task but I think I’m missing something fundamental. 

I have not been able to find any directions and tips to help. 

Can anyone steer me down the right path?

cheers 

1 REPLY 1
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Displaced_2000 ,

If you are referring to the dataset in Power BI Service, I'm afraid there is no way to do it with the Power BI connector, it only supports to add a row and refresh data.

However, I have found a thread in which you could find a workaround:

Solved: Options for accessing Power BI data - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Also, you may consider suggesting an idea or voting for the one you like in the Idea Forum:

Search - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,503)