cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eshen
Advocate I
Advocate I

Getting Access Denied when trying to create list item on on-premise SharePoint site

I'm trying to get a Flow enabled on a client's on-premise SharePoint site via their on-premise Gateway.  The Flow is able to read from the site but cannot create any items on the site.  The server limits the amount of inbound traffic and their IT folks wants to know what types of traffice needs to be enabled.  Other the the ports mentioned here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/gateway-reference#configure-a-firewall-or-proxy, is there anything else that needs to be set up on their server?  The website says that no inbound ports are needed.

ss1.JPGss2.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eshen,

You could try to reinstall and configure the SharePoint server.

Reference link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/install/install

When the Gateway is installed and configured, it does not need to configure the inbound port.

If you could read from the site but cannot create any items on the site, the permissions on the operation of the SharePoint list may be insufficient.

You could try to check your permission to the list and then submit it again.

Please let me know if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GabrielStJohn
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello, @eshen!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-bacao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,122)