Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmayes
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Getting data from one sharepoint list into another

Hi all

I have two sharepoint lists and i want to update one list by looking up the value in another list and returning the value from another column in that row?

Is this something flow can support?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately this solution didn't work for me, however i did manage to find a solution.

If anyone wishes to know happy to assist

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Kmayes 

Yes, it can be done with the flow. Just give it a try and if you have any clarifications let us know. We will help you.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

@sudharsan1985 

Thanks for responding. I have attempted this in multiple ways using when an new item is created, then get items (from the list i want to get items from) but unsure how to do the lookup part between two list are you able to provide a solution as it would be much appreciated as i have been searching online for ages 🙂

Hi @Kmayes 

Please refer the below link for detailed explanation. Let me know if you have any issues.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Update-List-List-A-using-Flow-from-another-List-B...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hi @sudharsan1985 

Im still having issues on my list 1 the row has a four digit code i want it to look up the corresponding same code in list 2 and return the value in the column 'Auditor'.

Unfortunately i dont think the suggested link works?

List1

list 1.JPG

List 2

list 2.JPG

Hi @Kmayes ,

Please try to refer to the following image to configure Flow and check if it helps:

114.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Thanks for your response. This seems to be closer to what i need it to perform. However I am getting an error on the compost area, any ideas?

The flow runs but doesnt enter the required info into list 1.

item created.JPG

Hi @Kmayes ,

I just provide an example to filter items, you need to configure another action in If yes to achieve your needs.

It seems that you need to configure update item action here.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Besides, that is not an error message in Compose, because the result of the condition is false, so this action be skipped.

Best Regards,

@v-bacao-msft 

Sorry im a newbie with advanced flow.

Can you provide help how to get the look value updating List 1?

I added after compose, update list but this doesn't seem to work? What am doing wrong?

Hi @Kmayes ,

Please provide the screenshot and Flow run history so that we could provide a proper workaround.

Best Regards,

Unfortunately this solution didn't work for me, however i did manage to find a solution.

If anyone wishes to know happy to assist

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,411)