cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacksonvier1

Getting file identifier (SharePoint) using on-premise gateway

Hi,

I am creating a flow connected (using an on-premise gateway) to take action on files when they are created in a SharePoint folder. 

jacksonvier1_0-1648740530394.png

I am having difficulties getting the file contents of the files that are created within SharePoint. For some reason, there is no option to get the "File Identifier" in the dynamic content from the file that is created. Only the file ID is listed as an option.

jacksonvier1_2-1648741154916.png

Am I unable to get the "File Identifier" of the created file due to the use of an on-premise gateway to access the library? Is there any other way to get the file identifier of the created file without using the dynamic content?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If you add a compose action is the file identifier available as dynamic content for that action?  Also the actual name of the dynamic content when searching for it is 'Identifier' not 'File Identifier'.  That may also be why you aren't seeing it.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!

Hi,

There is no dynamic content called "identifier" available when adding Compose action or within Get File Contents. 

jacksonvier1_1-1648742290457.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,663)