cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacksonvier1

Getting file identifier (SharePoint) using on-premise gateway

Hi,

I am creating a flow connected (using an on-premise gateway) to take action on files when they are created in a SharePoint folder. 

jacksonvier1_0-1648740530394.png

I am having difficulties getting the file contents of the files that are created within SharePoint. For some reason, there is no option to get the "File Identifier" in the dynamic content from the file that is created. Only the file ID is listed as an option.

jacksonvier1_2-1648741154916.png

Am I unable to get the "File Identifier" of the created file due to the use of an on-premise gateway to access the library? Is there any other way to get the file identifier of the created file without using the dynamic content?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If you add a compose action is the file identifier available as dynamic content for that action?  Also the actual name of the dynamic content when searching for it is 'Identifier' not 'File Identifier'.  That may also be why you aren't seeing it.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi,

There is no dynamic content called "identifier" available when adding Compose action or within Get File Contents. 

jacksonvier1_1-1648742290457.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,188)