cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InnesNZ
Regular Visitor

HTTP Action - Get Method Authentication

Hi Community,

I am trying to use a GET method in a HTTP call to a child flow, but get the following response to the parent flow run:

The request must be authenticated only by Shared Access scheme.

I can get the HTTP request to work if I use the POST method, or if I use the "Run a Child Flow" action with the GET methods specified.  So I do have a workaround, but I wanted to see if I can get the parent-child call to work properly with the HTTP action and the GET method. 

The limitation on using the GET method with the 'Run a Child Flow" action is that you can't specify query parameters, something I wanted to do in the HTTP call to the child flow to pass a single parameter for the child flow to use.

I suspect it has something to do with the environment set up because I have managed to make this approach work in a different Tenant under my control.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers, Innes

2 REPLIES 2
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

I went looking around for some answers, and it seems like this fellow had the same issue and the answer was to "copy the URL from the original source". 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58551088/directapiauthorizationrequired-with-microsoft-flow-call...

I guess it somehow retains the old auth information? Unsure, but, seems like it might be helpful? Let us know.

Cheers,

Rhia

(And, as an aside, I'm sure you've already seen this? https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-nested-flows/ )

InnesNZ
Regular Visitor

Hi Rhia, Thanks for your reply and link.  I did try this suggestion, but got the same result.  On a completely separate tenant I got the HTTP action to work with a GET, so suspect it's a policy/restriction set on the problem tenant.  I've worked around it, but would still like to do it the correct way with a GET as opposed to a POST.  Cheers, Innes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,090)