cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

HTTP Request for trigger document version returns only up to the previous version

Hi,  following suggestions in this and other forums, I've created an Approval workflow.

The trigger is "When a file is created or modified (properties only)".  If I check out a document in a library, then update it and check it back in as a minor revision, say "5.2", the flow is triggered.

Since I want to use the current version number in an approval email, I get the current file properties, and metadata, then use a Sharepoint HTTP request to retrieve the version information:

HTTPS request.png

The problem is that the JSON dataset returned contains all of the version information up to but excluding the version that triggered the flow.  i.e. if the triggered version is "5.2", it returns "VersionLabel""5.1" , with "IsCurrentVersion"false.

Is there any way to ensure I get the version of the document that actually triggered the flow?

I know as a work-around I can impute the trigger version by manipulating the "VersionLabel" node value, but there are other reasons I want to ensure I'm pointing to the actual trigger version file information.

1 REPLY 1
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

thanks for feedback.

The issue could be reproduced by me. I will help report it and back to you later once I got any updates.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,996)