cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ichinova

How do you share an on-premises data gateway

I created a flow that connects to SQL through an on-premises data gateway. I shared this flow with a user. I go to Data > Gateways  and share the gateway with "Use" permissions. I even went to Power Apps and Power BI and shared the gateway, yet he still gets "you do not have permissions for the on-premises data gateway. Please request permissions from the owner of the gateway". What am I missing here. 

3 REPLIES 3
Hudson
Community Support
Community Support

@Ichinova : To corner down the issue quickly, go to PowerBi -> Settings icon -> Manage Gateways and add the user account to the administrator and confirm if the user can view the GW as expected.

Manage an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Docs

If this works, only cause of the issue would be the user permissions are not correctly shared.

To share and manage gateways from your apps, follow these paths;

• Power Automate –> Settings wheel –> Gateways
  • Power Apps –> Data –> Gateways
  • Power BI –> Settings wheel –> Manage gateways

If the issue still occurs, try for different user, Keep us posted if the issue still occurs.

Ichinova

Ok I increased his permissions to admin in all the specified areas. I'll post back if this works. I know the gateway does work because there are a few of us using it, so just need to figure out what this one user is missing. 

Ichinova

Well I gave him Admin permissions and it worked. I guess that's fine, but still don't understand why the regular permissions don't work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,894)