cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sara_microsoft
Regular Visitor

Latency in Get Rows Rows Input Version

Hi!

I have a flow that triggers every morning at 8am.

The first action it does is get rows from an Excel file in OneDrive.

However, even if I update the Excel file the night before and it saves, the input is still from an older version.

I have to manually trigger the flow again for it to input the rows from my most updated Excel table.

Is this type of latency expected?

Is there anything I can do to avoid this latency? Ideally, i'd like to be able to edit the rows being input minutes before the flow triggers. 

Thanks!

2018-07-12_10-26-56.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sara_microsoft,

According to your description, I created a simple flow with the trigger Recurrence. For testing, I set the frequency as minute, and the interval as 10 minutes. Then get rows from an Excel file on OneDrive.

After the first run, I modify the Excel file, in the second run, it returns the updated Excel table. I don’t need to manually trigger the flow.

1.PNG

The issue is not able to be produced on my side. Not sure if it is caused by the Frequency. I will change the frequency and try it later.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sara_microsoft,

According to your description, I created a simple flow with the trigger Recurrence. For testing, I set the frequency as minute, and the interval as 10 minutes. Then get rows from an Excel file on OneDrive.

After the first run, I modify the Excel file, in the second run, it returns the updated Excel table. I don’t need to manually trigger the flow.

1.PNG

The issue is not able to be produced on my side. Not sure if it is caused by the Frequency. I will change the frequency and try it later.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-yamao-msft!!

10 minute intervals seemed to be working for me when I just tested. When I previously noticed the issue, I was using a 1 day interval (which is what my ideal set up is). I'm going to test again with 1 day intervals and will report back!

Hi @sara_microsoft,

I made a 1 day interval test. It returned all the rows in the Excel. Have you tested it again on your side? Is it working now?

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Hi @v-yamao-msft. I set up the one day interval today and will report back tomorrow on whether it's returning all the rows in the most recent version of my Excel table. Thanks for following up!

Hi @v-yamao-msft, Update that my run this morning grabbed the most recent version of the Excel table! Going to let it run one more round before calling it good. Thanks for your patience!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,621)