cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tua2Miami

Microsoft Forms to Excel, update a cell to "completed" when a form is submitted

Hello everyone, I am trying to create an automatic flow in which it updates a cell specific to the person completing the form. When Person A completes the form and it is graded and they pass (80%+), I need a cell to populate "completed". Is there any way to do that? Or another scheduled  flow is when the form is graded, how to send an automatic email to the people the graded form link? It can be triggered once a day.

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tua2Miami,

Do you want to update the status cell with completed when a user has complete the form?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Actually you need a Microsoft Form and use the when a new response is submitted, add a condition to check if this user has passed 80%, if yes, add an update a row action the update the status within the cell.

As the second issue,  you can't get the link to the form results in Power Automate. Since this link is always the same by Form, I recommend you to get it once and paste it manually in the send email action of the flow:

vqiaqimsft_0-1663212525300.png

Best Regards,
Qi

Is there a condition that allows when quiz grade is higher than 80%? I can't find one. The quiz grade won't be an answer choice, it will be if the quiz is graded (written responses included) then update an excel sheet cell as completed for that specific person (looking up form submitter name in column). Thank you.

Hi @Tua2Miami

Do you mean the number of responded questions should be 80% of the total questions in your quiz?

If so, there is no OOTB parameter to achieve this need, you should write a nested condition including 7 sub categories.

You should initialize an variable and use the increment variable to add 1 every time after you check a question and it is filled.

vqiaqimsft_1-1663296011704.pngvqiaqimsft_2-1663296035353.png

vqiaqimsft_3-1663296051289.png

That expression divides the question count by the number of answers submitted and multiplies the total by 100 to give you the percentage. You can then use that result in your follow-on actions.

Best Regards,
Qi

I'm not looking for 80% completion, I am looking for 80% correct using an answer key. Using the grading feature. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,051)