cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IoanaM
Frequent Visitor

Not able to get the value from combobox

Hi,

I'm new in PowerApps and I'm currently blocked on something supposed to be easy. Any help would be much appreciated.

So, I have a form connected to datavarse table as data source. The data type for the column I'm having troubles with, is Choice. I added this in the form and it's coming as Combo box inside a Card. Now, I'm trying to set a Label Text with the selected value in the combobox, but I'm not able to do this. 

I tried to set the label's Text value with 'combobox_id'.Selected.Value, but it says "This data type is unsupported for evaluation.", I tried "First(combobox_id.SelectedItems).Value", it says the same thing as before.

Also, the combox's Items property is set to "Choices(WorkType)", so I tried to get its value using this and I set the text property for the label with: Choices(WorkType).Value - I have an error saying: "Expected text value".

Nothing seems to work. So, how I can display the value selected in that combobox? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IoanaM
Frequent Visitor

Meantime, I found the solution. I had to convert the selected value to text, using Text() method. 

So, it worked like this: Text(combobox_id.Selected.Value)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
IoanaM
Frequent Visitor

Meantime, I found the solution. I had to convert the selected value to text, using Text() method. 

So, it worked like this: Text(combobox_id.Selected.Value)

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the solution in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

Best Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,454)