cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KurtM1
Frequent Visitor

Optimizing data management

I am currently using Power BI and Power APPs, and plan on learning/using Power Automate.  How should the data be stored and managed to optimize between these systems.  I have started with the PowerBI of importing XLS.  Will be switching to ODBC for most of the data.  And set up a Dataverse for Power APP.  Is there a way to have a single data flow that all the tools reference?  Should I move the data to Azure SQL?

2 REPLIES 2
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Power Automate is an automate tool that assists you in managing the data between all of your systems. Nothing is really stored in Power Automate, it just helps with managing data in other systems. From their its really just up to the user and personal preference. 

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

KurtM1
Frequent Visitor

current power app showing powerbiintegration datacurrent power app showing powerbiintegration datacurrent power app with no datacurrent power app with no dataGoal of the data in the power appGoal of the data in the power appPowerBI with Power App embeddedPowerBI with Power App embedded

Above are the screen shots of the PowerBI that shows the embedded Power App.  In this view, it shows the data I have selected to include in the Power App.

There is a screen shot of a power app that has data in it.  The way I have accessed this data is through setting up a table in Dataverse.

But the other power app screen shots is the power app that is linked to the PowerBI, and initially, it showed data.  But when I closed and reopened, it now is blank.

Question is how to I get the PowerBI data to be the source of data for the Power App?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,049)