cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Populating word template - repeat content controls

I am generating a contract in Word that is automatically filled out based on responses from a Form using Flow.

In my Word template, there are several times that 'EmployeeName' property control reoccurs. 

I have copied and pasted this throughout my document, but under Flow it shows as a 3 different 'EmployeeName' and this is a problem.

Also, there are certain parts of the document that we want to use an 'If' statement for. 

For example: If continuous employment date is filled in, we want to say "Your period of continuous employment started on X", instead of "No previous employment counts". 

Is this done through an expression?

3 REPLIES 3
RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi robcarrs,

Thank you for your post. I would review the dynamic content value for the “EmployeeName” property in the run history to determine where the varying results might be coming from. You could try this in a different action (such as a compose step) to see if the problem is isolated to the Word template, or other actions as well.

In terms of using expressions in conditions to evaluate the data, I would like to share the following resource which provides guidance on using expressions in the context of conditions: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/use-expressions-in-conditions.

Thank you,

Rory

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RoryL 

The expression stuff is excellent, thank you for that!

I believe the issue may be coming from the Word template itself. I followed many guides that showed me how to add a content control, this should be changing throughout the document whenever one of them gets modified, but it does not.

So I added an 'abstract' content control, went into the dev tab and to properties, changed the name to 'EmployeeName' and then copied the whole thing across to another section of Word document. They both have the content control highlight showing they copied properly, but changing one does not change the other. 

Hi robcarrs,

In effort to isolate the Word template from the equation, could you try to use the dynamic value in another place such as a compose step or an email message? This would help determine whether or not that template might be the cause.

Thanks,

Rory

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,543)