cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem inserting row in MySQL using Power Automate

Hi, 

Really looking for some help with this one as it could be massive if I get this corrected!

I have created a flow triggered from a PowerApps button that gets a text file from a sharepoint and then splits that text file into an array. 

The items from the array are then meant to be inserted into the MySQL database. So far when I run the test of the flow I can see that it is inserting to the correct columns however, I keep getting the below error. 

We can't update the value. The operation or its arguments aren't supported by the value.\r\n inner exception: We can't update the value. The operation or its arguments aren't supported by the value.\r\nclientRequestId: 83dc2a66-17b9-4977-9793-4601b1b8982b",

Help would be massively appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnnyg
Community Support
Community Support

Good day MILNEAGE,

It's '\r\n' inner exception as you mentioned in your post where these '\r\n' character in your text file cannot be supported. Could you clear all these special character in your text file and try to import into SQL DB again.

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Johnnyg
Community Support
Community Support

Good day MILNEAGE,

It's '\r\n' inner exception as you mentioned in your post where these '\r\n' character in your text file cannot be supported. Could you clear all these special character in your text file and try to import into SQL DB again.

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Johnnyg Apologies for not responding I moved on from the issue as I could develop other parts but I am looking at it again and I am still getting the problem. 

It appears as if when I split my variable it is adding this expression to the text string however when I removed what I thought was the troublesome data I am still getting the error. 

Any other ideas ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,308)