cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gilgamesh
Frequent Visitor

Problem when specifying Excel file in Execute Office Scripts action

Hello everyone, I'm trying to run a flow with Office Scripts on Excel file red from Sharepoint document library.

Office Script works perfectly when I manually execute it on static Excel file.

However, when I set a dynamic file value from sharepoint library, I get 404 error such:

"The script could not be executed. Please try again. The script was unable to create a connection with Excel. Please try again"

(error message translated from italian...).

Flow extract follows:

Gilgamesh_1-1602258951270.png

I've tried Name, DisplayName, Id and more, but nothing seems to work.

Thank you for any help!

PS. my flow works with no errors when I remove "Execute script" action... 😏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gilgamesh
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for answer @Yutao , I get the result adding an action between "Create file" on Sharepoint and "Run script": choosing "Get file properties" I used the item "Identifier". It worked for me!

6VKFty7fDK.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Yutao
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Gilgamesh ,

"Id" seems to be working for me.

Yutao_0-1602262296008.png

If it still doesn't work for you, could you please share (or PM me) the "x-ms-client-request-id" from the error output?

Thanks!

Yutao

Gilgamesh
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for answer @Yutao , I get the result adding an action between "Create file" on Sharepoint and "Run script": choosing "Get file properties" I used the item "Identifier". It worked for me!

6VKFty7fDK.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,179)