cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Retrieve values from Excel Document in Email

I receive daily reports that contain operational information I need to easily access.  I have been able to create flows to pull text from any text file attachment, but cannot seem to find a connection from "Get attachment" to pass to an Excel step to pull the data. 

Any insight into how to create this connection would be most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I am trying to get the values from a spreadsheet already being emailed to me, reattaching to a new email will not be helpful, thank you though.

I can resolve this - No Resolution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Are you looking to insert the attachment content to Excel Rows?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not sure understand your requirement, could you please give more information about ""Get attachment" to pass to an Excel step to pull the data."?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not trying to add to a spreadsheet, I am trying to read from it. 

When I get an email with a .txt attachment I can run:

"When a new email arrives" -> "Get attachment(reference to email)" -> "Send email(text of attachment)"

This flow does not work with a .xlsx attachment as the data is not stored as a string.  I cannot seem to pass the attachment reference from an outlook step to an excel step.  I also do not see anything in the outlook step options to process the binary data to something I can put into another email or table (which is what I'm doing with the .txt attachment).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 9.27.10 PM.png

Here's the flow that works for pulling text attachments for reference. Trying to do the same thing but with an attachment that comes as a spreadsheet.

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, currently in Flow, it is unfortunate that there is no way to get content of a dynamically Excel file. You could put the Excel file into the attachment field, send it as an attachment.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Email-Attachments-in-Flow/m-p/194363

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I am trying to get the values from a spreadsheet already being emailed to me, reattaching to a new email will not be helpful, thank you though.

I can resolve this - No Resolution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,083)