cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Retrieve values from Excel Document in Email

I receive daily reports that contain operational information I need to easily access.  I have been able to create flows to pull text from any text file attachment, but cannot seem to find a connection from "Get attachment" to pass to an Excel step to pull the data. 

Any insight into how to create this connection would be most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I am trying to get the values from a spreadsheet already being emailed to me, reattaching to a new email will not be helpful, thank you though.

I can resolve this - No Resolution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Are you looking to insert the attachment content to Excel Rows?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not sure understand your requirement, could you please give more information about ""Get attachment" to pass to an Excel step to pull the data."?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not trying to add to a spreadsheet, I am trying to read from it. 

When I get an email with a .txt attachment I can run:

"When a new email arrives" -> "Get attachment(reference to email)" -> "Send email(text of attachment)"

This flow does not work with a .xlsx attachment as the data is not stored as a string.  I cannot seem to pass the attachment reference from an outlook step to an excel step.  I also do not see anything in the outlook step options to process the binary data to something I can put into another email or table (which is what I'm doing with the .txt attachment).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 9.27.10 PM.png

Here's the flow that works for pulling text attachments for reference. Trying to do the same thing but with an attachment that comes as a spreadsheet.

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, currently in Flow, it is unfortunate that there is no way to get content of a dynamically Excel file. You could put the Excel file into the attachment field, send it as an attachment.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Email-Attachments-in-Flow/m-p/194363

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I am trying to get the values from a spreadsheet already being emailed to me, reattaching to a new email will not be helpful, thank you though.

I can resolve this - No Resolution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,777)