cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brownmattc1

SFTP - SSH - The path provided does not exist

Hello,

I am having some trouble with the SFTP - SSH connector.  I am trying to reach a SFTP server and retrieve the contents of a file.

- I can connect to the SFTP server

- The SFTP - SSH - List files in folder action runs and retrieves the details of the file ( ID, Name, Path, Modified).

- The SFTP - SSH - Get file contents action fails to run - Error message is : The path provided does not exist

I could use some assistance tracking down what is going on.  The Get file content action uses the ID of the file provided by the List files action.  The path the Get file content action is trying to access is the same path that the List files action provides.

There is another action that is SFTP - SSH - Get file content with path - This action produces the same error.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thank you for any hints you might be able to give.

1. List files.PNG2. Get content.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
brownmattc1

As another note - both of the actions "Get file content" and "Get file content using path" allow you to click on a little file picker to browse to a specific file.  The same error is returned when the file is directly selected.

message""The provided path '/Inbox/ACK2PSRV3.PC000003031.DOMESTIC20210405102810.20210405143911002.XML' does not exist.\r\nclientRequestId: fe99df0d-9518-4c2a-847c-ecfa2705e777",
wolskis
Frequent Visitor

I'm having this same error, did you find a resolution?

I have two SFTP sources in a flow, only one behaves like this.  List files, get file metadata all work fine with the returned pathname.  Get file content fails however, with either path or not.

Brownmattc
Helper I
Helper I

I opened a case with Microsoft.   They claimed it had to do with IBMs implementation of SFTP on the remote server.  I don't remember the exact details but they tried to convince me that I should pressure an international bank to upgrade their SFTP version.   Overall Microsoft was not particularly helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,912)