cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Scott4
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint HTTP GET returning error SP Query Throttled Exception 502 Bad gateway

I have a flow that ran fine until I got over 13k in my list. Now When I try to run a new flow I get this error.

BadGateWay "message""{\"odata.error\":{\"code\":\"-2147024860, Microsoft.SharePoint.SPQueryThrottledException\",\"message\":{\"lang\":\"en-US\",\"value\":\"The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold.\"}}}\r\nclientRequestId: 14f03ddd-6147-49d6-8368-7acef1968b62\r\nserviceRequestId: a6fb6aa0-d0e1-d000-83f4-15a742955b6a",
                "errors": []

Here are the screen Shots from my flow.
Daniel_Scott4_0-1664796879152.png

Daniel_Scott4_1-1664796932479.png

Daniel_Scott4_2-1664796956317.png

The filter should return a with zero results because I don't have any on in the list for the filtered Facility.

@Pstork1  I met you at the Dallas 365 EduCon and you said if we have an issue we can't solve to tag you and mention it and you would take a look.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The problem is that when doing an HTTP REST call you are subject to the normal limits of SharePoint.  There is nothing you can really do here other than put everything into a different data source. I would have expected it to start throwing this error when your list got bigger than 5,000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The problem is that when doing an HTTP REST call you are subject to the normal limits of SharePoint.  There is nothing you can really do here other than put everything into a different data source. I would have expected it to start throwing this error when your list got bigger than 5,000

Daniel_Scott4
Frequent Visitor

Makes perfect sense except I thought it would still work because I am using a filter to reduce the view under 5,000. 

I don't think delegation will get you around the 5,000 record limit when using an HTTP REST call.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,259)