cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deej
Frequent Visitor

Storing API Credentials for use in Flow

I have an API that I want to connect to that requires sending a username and password which then returns a bearer access token for future requests. The username are passed via parameters rather than basic authentication. 

My question is, what is my best solution for storing the username and password to then be used to authenticate? I have explored using a custom connector (cant embed in connector due to no auth) and a http action in the flow but ultimately both prompt for a password in the flow.

I am still reletively new to PowerApps so there may be something that I am missing. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @deej 

If you have an active Azure Subscription, you can consider using azure key vaults to store the credentials. Flow connects to the key vault and fetches the credentials everytime an authentication request is triggered. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @deej 

If you have an active Azure Subscription, you can consider using azure key vaults to store the credentials. Flow connects to the key vault and fetches the credentials everytime an authentication request is triggered. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

deej
Frequent Visitor

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Thanks for the tip! I'll check out this option. Considering the password gets passed through to the API as a parameter, will I still have concerns with the password being visible as plan text in logs or does the keyvault solve this issue? as well.

Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

You could create your own custom API using Postman API, to add an extra layer. See the Integrating Postman Pro with Microsoft Flow and the Turn your Postman Collection into a Microsoft integration blog posts for how you can get started with Postman and Flow. 

deej
Frequent Visitor

@Brad_Groux, thats certainly an interesting optioin. I'll check it out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,725)