cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
cattre
Resolver I
Resolver I

The connections listed in the embedded connections menu are not correct

When I click on the edit button to view all active embedded connections for any of my flows, the list of connections in use is wrong. These all show my work email account but the connections actually in use are all using a generic account. Other users also see my email against the active connections.

 

In some cases (but not all), the flow would have been created initially using my work email, but have all since been switched to the generic email.

 

Any ideas why these are not showing correctly?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @cattre 

 

You might want to check the individual actions for the connections that have been provided. It might have happened that when you shared the flow with the other users, you did not remove your connections from the flow.

 

So you can add the generic account and then ensure that you remove your connections from the flow and then it should work as expected. 

 

Hope this Helps!

 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS! 

@yashag2255 thanks for your reply.

 

I have gone through these several times actually and am fairly confident there are no actions using my credentials. I've previously tried removing the connections that appear to be in my name, which breaks the flows. They still show as linked to me when adding them back using the generic account.

 

I'm going to delete my personal connections from the main connections page and see if that changes anything.

OK, so tested removing the connection from within the flow dashboard again. This breaks the flow (it fails) but no connection error messages are displayed when editing (all actions are still showing as using the generic account).

 

The workaround I found is to change all actions to use my personal account, then delete the connection from the flow, then edit the flow again and change them all to the generic account. The correct account is now showing against the flow, but obviously this is a lot of work to resolve.

 

Seems like a bug to me?

 

UPDATE: I've noticed that my email is still against the connection if you edit the connections list but not on the flow dashboard - so definitely not right.

 

I have since deleted ALL my personal connections and this has not changed what is displayed against the flows (even with a new browser, clearing cache etc.). The connections now don't even exist but are listed as being in active use.

 

Dashboard:

Untitled.png

Edit connections screen:

Untitled2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,780)