Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankc9
Advocate I
Advocate I

Trouble Creating a Custom Connector

Hello,

I am attempting to create an on premise custom connector to BarTender, but no matter what settings I have tried, upon clicking "Test operation" in a split second this error message below appears.  I am not even sure where to begin to troubleshoot what is occurring.

frankc9_0-1651763337033.png

3 REPLIES 3
kierian
Community Support
Community Support

hello 

what is http error code you getting 

can you get browser trace captured

Hello @kierian,

After recreating the connector a dozen times with no luck it decided to start working today!  I am still have issues getting it to connect to my on premise API, but at least I am getting actual error messages now.  

After having the issues of the connector not even making a query, I am not sure if I am doing something incorrectly or if it is correct and for whatever reason the custom connector platform is just giving issues.

I have this POST that I can reach fine internally, but I receive error messages 404 and 500 when clicking "Test operation". 

The POST:

http://<localhost>:80/Integration/BarTenderTest/Execute

What is the proper way to make this query on the custom connector platform?  For the host do I just list the local ip address and port?  Would the base URL be /Integration/BarTenderTest   ?

frankc9_0-1651854195252.png

For the Definition POST request, would the url just be /Execute ?

frankc9_1-1651854254610.png

frankc9
Advocate I
Advocate I

The connector has just started working.  It appears that the platform just has very long delays?  It took 24 hours from when I created the gateway and another couple hours after configuring the parameters before it began to work.  Thinking I was inputting something incorrectly, I kept changing the settings all week and by doing that it was never going to work without giving it time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,055)