Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankc9
Advocate I
Advocate I

Trouble Creating a Custom Connector

Hello,

I am attempting to create an on premise custom connector to BarTender, but no matter what settings I have tried, upon clicking "Test operation" in a split second this error message below appears.  I am not even sure where to begin to troubleshoot what is occurring.

frankc9_0-1651763337033.png

3 REPLIES 3
kierian
Community Support
Community Support

hello 

what is http error code you getting 

can you get browser trace captured

Hello @kierian,

After recreating the connector a dozen times with no luck it decided to start working today!  I am still have issues getting it to connect to my on premise API, but at least I am getting actual error messages now.  

After having the issues of the connector not even making a query, I am not sure if I am doing something incorrectly or if it is correct and for whatever reason the custom connector platform is just giving issues.

I have this POST that I can reach fine internally, but I receive error messages 404 and 500 when clicking "Test operation". 

The POST:

http://<localhost>:80/Integration/BarTenderTest/Execute

What is the proper way to make this query on the custom connector platform?  For the host do I just list the local ip address and port?  Would the base URL be /Integration/BarTenderTest   ?

frankc9_0-1651854195252.png

For the Definition POST request, would the url just be /Execute ?

frankc9_1-1651854254610.png

frankc9
Advocate I
Advocate I

The connector has just started working.  It appears that the platform just has very long delays?  It took 24 hours from when I created the gateway and another couple hours after configuring the parameters before it began to work.  Thinking I was inputting something incorrectly, I kept changing the settings all week and by doing that it was never going to work without giving it time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,079)