cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LALALA1
Frequent Visitor

Upload file to SFTP

I want to upload a file (excel) from Onedrive to a sftp-server.

I tried the connector SFTP - SSH - Copy file, which I then learned will only work within the sftp server.

Now I use create file, but I can't figure out how to give the file the correct content. If I choose the dynamic content of my foreach step, I'll get an error (Code: InvalidTemplate). If I select the excel file id or name it will create the file, but the content is the id/name.

Please tell me how to solve this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LALALA1
Frequent Visitor

Ok, I could solve it.

I had to add a step: Get File Content(OneDrive).

Then I could use the result of this step as input for the SFTP-SSH Create File step.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LALALA1
Frequent Visitor

Ok, I could solve it.

I had to add a step: Get File Content(OneDrive).

Then I could use the result of this step as input for the SFTP-SSH Create File step.

bslusarz
Regular Visitor

Thank you.  Once you Get the File content (see screenshot), how do you use the output of that step as an input to the SFTP-SSH Create file step?  This is probably an easy answer but I am learning. Thank you!

bslusarz_1-1659487959419.png

LALALA1
Frequent Visitor

I use SFTP - SSH connector - Create file.

For File name I choose the name of my created excel file.

For File content I choose the body from the Get file content step.

I hope that helps, I can't deliver screenshots because my Power Automate is not in English.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,923)