cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAsHachiRoku
Microsoft
Microsoft

UserVoice OData Filter Help!

Has anyone tried the UserVoice template?

I can not for the life of me get the OData filter to work. UserVoice has lots of Categories. At the moment the connector will automatically post all new bugs/feature request from UserVoice into VSO. What I'm trying to do is only get 1 category bug/feature request to post into VSO. I have tried lots of different OData filters, but they arent working.

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/04837470361011e78d1a71a4a5053b4e...

uv-msflow.png

1 REPLY 1
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ VAsHachiRoku,

Do you want to only get a specific category request to post into Visual Studio Team Services?

How do you use the OData filters expressions in the Filter Query field?

I have made a test on my side, a specific category would have a unique “category_id” , if I fill in expressions in the Filter Query field as screenshots below:

1.png

No matter what category the all new request is, I have also tried many other expressions in the Filter Query field, the trigger would always run to post all new request from UserVoice into Visual Studio Team Services.

To filter request with a specific category, you could refer to workaround below as an alternative way:  

Suppose the category_id of your request category is equal to “330232”, you could create a flow as steps below:

Note: You could get the category_id of your request category from the run history of your previous flow which runs successfully.

1. Add a trigger “When an item is created” of Uservoice connector. choose suggestions in the Table name field.
  2. Add a Condition, the first value choose the “category_id” dynamic content of the trigger, the second value “330232”,the condition in the middle choose “is equal to”.
  3. Add action “Create a work item” inside the “If yes” branch of the Condition, fill in the “Account Name”, ”Project Name”, ”Type”, ”Title” and “Description” field.

2.png

When an request is created, and the category_id of your request category is equal to “330232”, the request would be posted into Visual Studio Team Services, and the flow would run successfully as below:

3.png4.png

When an request is created, and the category_id of your request category is “330334”,and not equal to “330232”, the request wouldn’t be posted into Visual Studio Team Services, the flow would run successfully as below:

5.png6.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,061)