cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henryve1

'When a Work Item is Updated' Only Works for DevOps State Change

I have built a flow based off a template that updates a SharePoint list when it's Azure DevOps counterpart (linked through work item ID) gets "updated". However, I'm finding this update only to be true when the work item changes states. Is there a way to change this so if any field is changed in the work item that it updates the connected SharePoint List? 

i.e. I have a field in my User Story called "Test Status" and it currently equals "Mitigated". The SharePoint list also has a "Test Status" of "mitigated". If I update the field "Test Status" in DevOps to now equal "Not-mitigated" I would like that to trigger the flow to then update the SharePoint list with the same status.

In summary how can I change the DevOps trigger to ANY UPDATE rather than just state change updates?

2 REPLIES 2
alexmcla
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Henry,

I'm not convinced this is the case. I'm seeing updates in my flow runs where the comment count has one up for example.

Alex

mbeauchamp

Anyone know how to get this to only send a message for particular States? There appears to be a "Trigger Conditions" criteria in the DevOps connection but I cannot find any documentation on the required syntax for those conditions. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,674)