cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robcarrs
Frequent Visitor

Word template content controls missing from Flow

I am not sure what keeps happening but the Content Controls from my Word Templates keep going missing. 

When I refresh the 'populate word template' it now shows me only 3/15 fields that I can put in values for. The rest of the content controls show up as '124279536' values on Flow.

The Word template still has all of the content controls in the same place and there are some content controls that still work. There is no visible difference between the two.

7 REPLIES 7
AlanPs1
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @robcarrs 

Are you using plain text controls, or rich text controls in the .docx?

Does each control have text within?

Maybe you could post some pictures to help illustrate your issue?

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

robcarrs
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @AlanPs1 

They are all Plain Text controls with sample text

Word - https://i.imgur.com/8JnLMO6.png

Content Properties - https://i.imgur.com/PyTGPOB.png

Flow not displaying Content Controls - https://i.imgur.com/LyTZRuA.png

AlanPs1
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @robcarrs 

Just a test, if you create another field on the same .docx but leave the properties blank the reload and edit yor Flow, does the new field show?

I ask as there have been some buggy behaviour with this connector/action but just looking for more information in advance as mine all seem to work fine, I don't normally have a need to set properties on my controls though.

If you, the reader has found this post helpful, please help the community by clicking thumbs up.

If this post has solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution".

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

robcarrs
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the support @AlanPs1 

I added a test content control and this did not appear when I refreshed the flow and changed the word doc to populate a different doc then back to the original (refresh)

The new field does not show

How do you use content controls without setting its Name property? I use it to identify in Flow

Alright so I restored an earlier version of the document and now it works fine (Big PITA there is no major differences)

Could I email yourself or anyone the working word .docx and the broken one to analyse the differences?

janickfrei
Helper I
Helper I

Same Issue here. The connector does not show all the required fields.

TesDA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Sometimes this gets back to the cache on your browser not wanting to reload the word template. Try renaming the file on your computer and then replace the word doc wherever you keep it with a new name. Then load the file with a new name. That will force your browser to have to reload the template and capture the new fields. 

LoganInTexas
Frequent Visitor

This appears to be a bug in the connector. If you save your .docx file as an XML, and navigate to each of your template inputs, you should see something like this:

LoganInTexas_0-1653326772636.png

Each of the w:id values correspond to json dynamicFileSchema IDs in the Word connector.

LoganInTexas_1-1653326926068.png

I have 4 ids in my template file, and the connector only finds 3 by default. In the preceding image, I've manually added the additional id that was missing, after verifying I had the right id in the XML. I saved the description.json, rezipped the flow and respective files, then attempted an import. The import completed, but failed. When I opened the flow, the dynamicFileSchema was in the flow, but "not found."

I don't know of a work around at this time other than than to simply not use this connector. Maybe generate an HTML document instead?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,820)