cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

502 'BadGateway' when running UI flow for web from flow

I am trying to run a simple UI flow by using 'Run a UI flow for web' connector in flow. I have the On-premise gateway, have the connection with it, can see it under Data -> Gateways and the connection under Data -> Connections is also there and connected.

When running the flow it takes about 2 minutes until it fails with 502 'BadGateway' error.

In On-premises data gateway App status is 'Online and ready to be used', under Diagnostics tab i run Network ports test and it shows 'Completed (Successful)'

I must say that I am doing it from freshly made Environment(Trial) since i wasn't able to get the Gateway connection on my Default environment (wasn't showing any gateways in dropdown).

Any advice?
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @FJe ,

I spoke with Microsoft about this issue, they are aware of it and gave this fix:

"Product team mentioned that , unfortunately It is a known issue of UI Flow agent when user use AzureAD domain as their on premise machine windows auth.

And they provided below work around to fix this issue.

1. please use other school or work account domain if they has.

Or

1. please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft UI flows\edit the file Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.exe.config

With below entries:

<add key="Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.EnforceWindowsAuth" value="false" />

Only administrator can modify the files in that folder, so you need to run your text editor in Admin Mode to be able to edit them."

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

We had the same issue today…

Fix

Make sure your Data Gateway is not in a cluster - clusters are not supported by UI Flows

Make sure Chrome is installed on the Data Gateway

Download and install the UI Flows Installer (Google it) on the Data Gateway and make sure it is running (you'll see a little blue UI Flows icon in the system tray)

You must leave the Data Gateway server logged in  (disconnected) as the user credentials running the UI Flow

That's what fixed it for us.  Not ideal, but it worked.  I hope this helps.

Highlighted

Hi @RyanBrubaker124 , thanks for replying!

I don't remember making any clusters for my Data Gateway.

What do you mean by making sure Chrome is installed on the Data gateway? Also, what do you mean by installing UI Flows Installer on the Data Gateway?

I don't remember installing anything ON anything specific. I have Data Gateway installed by just doing everything default. Same with UI Flows installer. It also prompted to get PowerAutomate chrome extension and i got also selenium extension.

Also - "You must leave the Data Gateway server logged in  (disconnected) as the user credentials running the UI Flow".
How can i do that? When i run my flow that's failing i have my gateway open and logged in, UI Flows icon is there in the system tray, PowerAutomate chrome extension is enabled.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Following this, I have the same issue.

Highlighted

Same issues here.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Also same issue here, any update on how to fix?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same issue

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Facing same issue 😟

Highlighted

Same issue.  I'm guessing since this is in preview we wont get a response?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @FJe ,

I spoke with Microsoft about this issue, they are aware of it and gave this fix:

"Product team mentioned that , unfortunately It is a known issue of UI Flow agent when user use AzureAD domain as their on premise machine windows auth.

And they provided below work around to fix this issue.

1. please use other school or work account domain if they has.

Or

1. please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft UI flows\edit the file Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.exe.config

With below entries:

<add key="Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.EnforceWindowsAuth" value="false" />

Only administrator can modify the files in that folder, so you need to run your text editor in Admin Mode to be able to edit them."

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @DerekHurley ,

I do not have access to any other account and changing the Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Agent.exe.config file did not solve the problem for me. 😞

Did changing the line in config file to false alone solve the issue for you?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @DerekHurley 

Thank you for sharing detail however i have tried by changing the parameter to "false" it doesn't work for me .Let me know at your end.

Regards,

Raju Thadakamadla

Highlighted

Hi @FJe , @traju1234 ,

For my set up, I am testing the UI Flow on my desktop and I have the gateway installed and running on my laptop. I also have all of the fixes from the first post on this forum (@RyanBrubaker124) applied to the data gateway. After changing the UI Flows config file UI Flows are now working correctly for me. The reason I was getting the 'BadGateway' error before was because of a known error with Azure AD, changing the config file should fix this, if you are getting the error for the same reason.

Highlighted

Changing the config file worked for me as well.  However, it is worth noting that initially it didn't.  The process I went through is:

- Open the config file as an Admin and change the property listed above

- close the config file and close the UI Flow Gateway application from the system tray

- Restart the UI Flow Gateway app

- Open the Power Automate workflow calling the UI Flow

- Delete the action calling the UI Flow for Web

- Delete the connection

- Re-add the action to call the UI Flow for Web and configure the connection

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (8,031)