We're experiencing that the trigger "SharePoint list item created or modified" is not always executing the flow. So the trigger happens and the flow is not started. That has quite some business impact as we can no longer rely on processes that were automated with Power Automate.
MS has now confirmed that this issue happens when versioning is enabled on lists. Progress on the ticket is slow seeing the business impact and so far there is no time-line for a workaround or fix.
Unfortunately disabling versioning is not an option as we need the history.
So I wonder if somebody in the community has experienced this issue as well and if you have found a way to deal with or work around this issue. I very much appreciate your advise!
So i just checked this issue you mentioned here and verified there is an internal investigation ongoing. I'll try to get more information on this and let you know if I something comes up.
As for a workaround for this issue I don't recall anything specific that can help but you could try to:
1- Create a secondary SharePoint list without versioning, and use it as a trigger for the Flow.
My reasoning behind this would be to instead update the SharePoint list without versioning for the trigger to be executed as expected, and afterwards update the content on the list with versioning enabled.
2-Add an additional field on the SharePoint list that would increase based on each of the number of updates
thanks for your feedback! I should mention that we need versioning to track which user did what changes, to determine in a flow which columns were changed in which way and to have the ability to restore an earlier version.
I don't think your proposed workarounds are supporting such a scenario. So this is not feasible for us.
Seeing that this very basic feature "execute a workflow when the trigger occurs" does not work propperly, I doubt that Power Automate is reliable enough for use in an business production scenario.
Thanks for getting back! Unfortunately you are right and in that scenarios the provided workarounds would not be useful.
I believe the best course of action would be to wait for information on the Service Request, as the PG is most likely analyzing this issue.
Although, I don't have any workaround that I can think of that could help mitigate this scenario, you could always attempt to raise this issue in our Feedback page of the product here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas
If this gets enough votes from other people it could help get some traction to the issue you are facing. Be free to paste the URL here if you decide to do this, so other users can also vote if they experience the same behavior.
thanks for sharing the link to the feedback page.
In my ticket with Microsoft I asked for a written statement on the expected behaviour reg. triggers not executing a flow. Seeing the time it takes, it seems to be difficult to wrap the bad news into nice words. But I definitely want to see that statement first, then decide next steps
Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.
Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.