Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Access connections issues - how to move to prod

Hi All,

I hope you can help me.

I have a complex PowerApps - Flow - Sharepoint - Outlook system.

How it is working:

Everyone in my company has access to the PowerApps (when it opens it is asking to login to all the connections) (Sharepoint, O365 and Flow). 

This is something what is important as part of my Powerapps that identify the user (basically who fills out the form) automatically and auto-populate some fields.

In have a group where my account is sent as owner (here can be found the sharepoint list).

Also everywhere in my Flow i am set as owner (and connections are on me), but some reason if i submit a request and it is getting approved, cannot write to sharepoint list, because the access is denied.

I guess because some reason it is using the other user's account to write into the SP list, but as that user has no access to do that.

Also the same issue to sending e-mail on behalf of the MS Group (as only my account has sendas permission).

What is the solution? I would be said if this is something what we cannot resolve. 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Access connections issues - how to move to prod

Hi @Janaboy,

I afraid that the only solution should be that all action in the flow would use your connection instead of others.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Access connections issues - how to move to prod

Yes, that would be a good idea, but if the request is coming from PowerApps it seems not possible to set which connection will be used by the flow (doesn't matter what i set there).

So for now i did a workaround to use a proxy list, so the powerapps create a list in a different group (or list) and i changed the powerapps trigger in my original flow from powerapps to when item is created and there i can use any connections.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,781)